Townsville is located in Australia’s north east in the state of Queensland. Townville is in the dry tropics part of Queensland, directly opposite the Great Barrier Reef it is the largest city in Australia above the Sunshine Coast. North Queensland has unofficially named it its capital.
Popular tourist attractions in Townsville.
- The Strand – is a popular beach and garden strip.
- Riverway – located on the banks of Ross River it is a riverfront parkland area.
- Reef HQ – a very popular aquarium that hosts many plants and animals located in the Great Barrier Reef.
- The Museum of Tropical Queensland
- Magnetic Island – a popular nearby island that is mostly a national park.
For more Townsville accommodation and travel information visit townsvilleaccomodation.info and for a car rental Townsville visit Rent Me a Car to compare and save.