As a popular tourist destination all year round and being host to many major Australian and international events, finding cheap hotels in Sydney can be somewhat of a challenge- here’s a little information on where to stay and how you can land the best accommodation deal in Sydney.
Great Hotel Locations and Cheap Hotels, Sydney
Understandably most visitors prefer to stay within walking distance of major attractions in Sydney. Sydney’s Opera House, The Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Royal Botanical Gardens, the historical Rocks precinct and the bustling Circular Quay are all within walking distance from the CBD. Popular hotel locations in Sydney’s CBD include:
- Circular Quay: Home to the Sydney Opera House where you can enjoy theatre productions, ballet, classical music and opera performances, offering incredible views of the harbour and the Sydney harbour Bridge and the train and ferry hub of this vibrant city – there could not be a more convenient place to stay. A short stroll will land you in the lovely Rocks area and a wander up George street will get you to Sydney’s incredible shopping precinct. There is a range of hotel and self-contained apartment accommodation available to suit all budgets.
- The Rocks: A stones throw from The Sydney Harbour Bridge and retaining is narrow cobble streets and fine tea rooms from an ear long past, The Rocks offers a range of upmarket classic hotel accommodation. Step outside your hotel to find the Sydney Observatory, magical weekend markets, craft shops, art galleries and world class fine dining.
- Darling Harbour: Select from a range of great accommodation options in Darling harbour- from budget hotels and apartment living to 5 star accommodation and boutique hotels, Darling harbour has it all. Ideally located, visitors can enjoy the Sydney Aquarium, Powerhouse Museum, IMAX Theatre, Chinese Garden of Friendship and China town as well as the Australian National Maritime Museum and an abundance of incredible dining opportunities. With city skyline and Sydney Harbour views, you can’t go wring in Darling Harbour.
Other popular locations for Sydney hotels include:
- Potts Point
These areas offer cheaper hotel accommodation as they are not as central and may require some use of public transport to get around. The public transport system in Sydney is superb and these areas often prove an economical and wise choice for budget travellers and families.
Get the best deal on a cheap hotel, Sydney
Looking for a cheap hotel in Sydney? No matter where you travel in the world there are always peak and off-peak travel seasons. The more flexible you can be with the timing of your visit to Sydney, the more likely you will be to land a great accommodation deal. Our top hints to find a quality, cheap hotel in Sydney are:
- Travel during off peak seasons and avoid weekends and public holidays if possible
- Don’t be afraid to book a cheap Sydney hotel a little more removed from the CBD- public transport is exceptional and car hire can be easily obtained
- Book a holiday package that includes, flights, accommodation and attraction entry to save money
- Shop around and compare prices and offers well in advance
For a cheap car rental Sydney book with Rent Me a Car